DISCOVER ENERGY BATTERIES
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The user is responsible for determining that each product is of the proper size, design and capacity to perform at the time of purchase. Product that is undersized for any application will not be warranted.
- Warranty is void if the product is subject to abuse, misuse, unauthorized alteration, or any other physical damage other than ordinary wear or if manufacturing code is destroyed.
- Warranty is void if vents are tampered with in any way.
- Warranty is void if published Discover maximum charge and discharge rates are exceeded. It is the responsibility of the installer and user to comply with these conditions and guarantee maximum currents are not exceeded.
- Warranty is void if published Discover upper and lower operating voltages are exceeded. It is the responsibility of the installer and user to comply with these conditions and to guarantee low and high voltage cutoffs are not exceeded.
- Warranty is void if it is established that non approved or undersized connector cables are used, cable ends are not attached directly to terminal bushing or post connections or improper terminal hardware is used. Batteries whose terminals have been melted will not be warranted and, further, no battery installed in series with the battery whose terminals have been melted will be warranted. It is the responsibility of the installer and user to comply with these conditions and guarantee terminal torque at installation and regular re-torque.
- Warranty is not transferable.
- Full replacement warranty claims must be made within 10 business days of tested failure or alleged defect.
- Product use must be discontinued upon discovery of a defect.
- Acceptable charging ripple (peak to peak) shall be less than 4% of Discover® recommended string voltage with duration of less than 6 milliseconds.
- Chargers used to charge product in cyclic applications must be ambient and product temperature compensated and equipped with Discover® recognized and approved charging algorithms with no ripple. In cases where chargers are used that do not meet this criteria, i.e. Discover® blocks installed into equipment where the chargers may not be approved, any potential warranty is deferred by DEC to the user’s final sales contract with the seller. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the charger’s viability and to what extent a non-compliant charger may damage or shorten the battery life.
- Backup power products are intended to supply back up power for a limited number of cycles. Frequency of discharge shall not exceed Telcordia battery string Certification levels based on requirements for safety and performance #SR-4228. The product must be sized to limit the depth of discharge based upon average volts per cell that are equal to or greater than Discover® discharge ratings for the product.
- Product determined to be under sized or used in a manner considered to be unsafe will not be warranted. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUE OR SHORT CUT FOR PROPER SYSTEM SIZING. The final decisions on system sizing remain the responsibility of the user.
- Discover® power blocks are warranted to have a “FLOAT” or “CYCLE” life. Warranty is void on Product designed and purchased for float service which is used in cyclic service, or any service where float product is discharged to more than 70% remaining capacity in excess of 6 times annually. Discover, at its sole option, will void any warranty on Float service products found to have been cycled out.
- Float Product warranties apply to product that is not continually used in temperatures under 50°F (10°C) or above 77°F (25°C). Product must be located where individual cell temperatures do not vary by more than 5°F (2.5°C). Product life is directly affected by temperature. For every 5°F (2.8°C) increase in operating temperature above 77°F (25°C) or decrease below 50°F (10°C), life will be affected by up to 20% and warranty will be proportionately reduced. Warranty is not available for product continually used and maintained in temperatures below 32°F (0°C) or above 90°F (32°C).
- Upon installation and at least once per season for float service product, (i.e. January, April, July, October), purchaser should complete and maintain a Battery Maintenance Report recording battery serial number, float voltages, surface temperature, connection resistance/conductance, ambient temperatures, etc. The inability to produce such data at the time of a warranty claim may result in the voiding of any warranty.
- Unless expressly noted within a Discover® Factory or Discover® Factory Warehouse Sales Contract, the warranty described in this document shall be in lieu of any other warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. NOTE: Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply in all cases.
- As published, (*) Extended Float service warranty for Data & Telecom/UPS/HR applications is offered when installations are monitored against use at 68°F~77°F (20°C~25°C) and with “Battery Management Systems” and reporting in place. Commercial cyclic service and float installations without management systems or environmental controls are a maximum of 1/3 listed Free replacement – to a maximum of 12 months only – with no extended pro rata warranty period.
- Without exception, the power block is specifically designed and produced for particular float or cyclic applications and warranted to have a float or cycle life. WARRANTY IS VOID on ANY Float Type product used in cyclic applications or that upon verification is found to be cycled out or where it is determined that the frequency of discharges has exceeded acceptable levels based on requirements for safety and performance as may be defined by Discover and/or Telcordia #SR-4228 (or other industry recognized body) battery string Certification levels based on requirements for safety and performance. This would include for example Float Service 12V 33ah batteries used in wheel chair applications or Tel/UPS/HR type batteries used in Broadband applications.
- (*) WARRANTY IS VOID on any Discover product subjected to excess vibration caused by out of balance or improperly operated pads in Burnishers.
- (*) WARRANTY IS REDUCED to 90 days’ free replacement with no extended coverage on any product discharged and or charged in cyclic service while orientated in any manner other than right side up. i.e.: Pallet Jack applications where the battery is installed on its end.
- (*) WARRANTY adjustments are calculated using the later of the sales invoice date or original bill of sale, manufacturing production code date or Discover® factory warehouse ship code dater! Warranty will be granted provided this Proof of Sale does not exceed the batteries manufacturing code date or ship code dater (whichever is latest) by more than 6 months. If it does, or the original bill of sale cannot be produced then warranty may, at DEC’S sole option, be calculated using the manufacturing code date or ship code dater.
- After the free replacement period, and – if applicable – for the remaining prorated warranty period, the customer may obtain a replacement battery of similar size upon payment of a prorated charge based upon the then current cost per month. The cost per month is determined by dividing the current MSRP less 60% (100 – 60% = 40) by the months of warranty coverage and multiplying the result by the months in use since the date of the original bill of sale, provided that the proof of sale invoice date does not exceed the batteries production date code or ship dater (whichever is latest) by more than 6 months. All warranty adjustments are offered FOB Discover Factory Warehouses or dealers only.
|SERVICE APPLICATION & USE|
|Renewable Energy |
With system sizing approval or sizing for >70% remaining capacity
|EV 700 Series 2V/6V/8V/12V||24|
|EV Dry Cell 2V/6V/8V/12V||18|
|D Series AGM 2V/6V/8V/12V||12|
|Renewable Energy |
Without system sizing approval or sizing for <50% remaining capacity
|EV 700 Series 2V/6V/8V/12V||12|
|EV Dry Cell 2V/6V/8V/12V||9|
|D Series AGM 2V/6V/8V/12V||6|
|Data & Tele Communications, UPS Back Up Power|
|EV 700 Series 2V/6V/8V/12V||36|
|EV Dry Cell 2V/6V/8V/12V||24|
|D Series AGM 6V/8V/12V||12|
Discover power blocks are specifically designed and produced for particular float or cyclic applications and warranted to have a float or cycle life.
WARRANTY IS VOID on any Float Type product used in cyclic applications or that upon verification is found to be cycled out or where it is determined that the frequency of discharges has exceeded acceptable levels based on requirements for safety and performance as may be defined by Discover and/or Telcordia #SR-4228 (or other industry recognized body) battery string Certification levels based on requirements for safety and performance. This would include – for example – Float Service 12V 33ah batteries used in wheel chair applications or Tel/UPS/HR type batteries used in Broadband applications.